Jeremy Scott Spring Summer 2012, Make-up Design by Val Garland
Key Make-up Artist: Val Garland
Theme & Inspiration:
“Daisy Duke goes to Paradise City”
Using MAC Make-up:
· Val first hydrated the skin with MAC Charged Water Face & Body Lotion (available Spring/Summer 2012).
· Then, she applied MAC Face & Body Foundation to even the skin and blended MAC Studio Finish Concealer to cover any discoloration. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Foundation was blended over “hot spots” through the middle of the face.
· She blended MAC Lip Quad Palette in Preferred Pink and Fully Ripe (available Spring/Summer 2012) on the cheeks for a doll-like shape, and set the colour with MAC Powder Blush Immortal Flower (available Spring/Summer 2012).
· Val applied faux freckles on the cheeks with MAC Lip Pencils in Cork and Burgundy and MAC Eye Pencil in Coffee, alternating tones to give depth and dimension.
· Val heavily applied MAC Pro Crème Liner in Black to the upper eyelid with a slightly winged tip that was thicker in the center and thiner at the inner corners of the eye. She also applied the same liner straight across the lower lid, leaving a space between the lower lashes and line.
· She applied MAC Eye Pencil in Coffee with a MAC 266 Small Angle Brush through the socket, and blended with a MAC 219 Pencil Brush.MAC Eye Shadow in Dazzlelight served as a dramatic inner corner highlight.
· Val intensified the upper lashes with MAC 43 Lash and a generous coat of MAC Zoomblack Mascara. She used MAC Haute & Naughtly Black Mascara on the lower lashes powdered with translucent powder, then reapplied once again for a “Dusty Springfield” effect. She blended MAC Lip Pencil in Synch with a layer of MAC Lip Colour in Enchantee Kissable (available Spring/Summer 2012) on top.
Though all types of makeup offer creative opportunities, eye makeup is really the only one that is truly rich in possibilities. After all, you can’t create lipstick designs or use too many shades of blush at once without coming off as insensible. Yet eye shadow, mascara and eyeliner can all be used to create true works of art. The eyes can easily serve as the focal point for a dramatic look; play them up and keep everything else toned down to really draw the attention to your handiwork. So I take my hat of too Val for going for this dramatic eye look for summer.